I just wanted to let everyone know I now have a full-time permenant job, been working for a few months and really enjoying it. It seems the technique I have used does work but need patience and mental courage to push yourself. As a result the depression it seems is long gone.
The only thing I need to control is my anxiety. I feel it still gets the better of me. Part of my recovery has been down to not trying to be like other people but just be myself and be happy with my interests and hobbies. I have realized lately that I have become a bit out spoken annoyed by people's mentality. I think that is down to realizing how narrow minded some people are. I have started looking for someone for companionship and 2 set backs have caused my recent anxiety, which at times the thoughts don't go away, as the usual symptoms are there that I blame myself for it all and had I not spoken everything would have been fine. I opened up to one lady about what I'd been through, saying that I'm better now but I just need one support to help me overcome my anxiety. Thinking she was the understanding type, I later realized that from the way she was speaking and not responding to my texts that she didn't want anything to do with me but she eventually owned up and said its not for her. I guess that's life, everyone wants the best for themselves and if not you have family or friends who are there to advise them. Whether its good or bad advice its in their interest, as a mental health issue is seen, as a problem by some. I either don't say anything and hope for the best or be honest and hope that a lady with a open heart would understand that I'm better but I need that one support. Looks like in this indian community where social status matters, no matter how religious or spiritual people are, they're still very stereotypical, and selfish. You're damned if you're honest and still damned if you're not, how can you win. You can only let go and wish the best for them that they win in achieving their dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment